Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Picked up my camera!!!

My apologies for the lack of posts in the last 2 weeks... But I have some news to report; I've picked up my new camera, courtesy of Henry's in Ottawa!!! After extensive research, I was a little torn between the Rebet XTi and the 40D, but finally decided that the extra expense was worth it, and got the Canon 40D. It's the successor to the very popular Canon 30D, and so far I am very, very impressed!

For those who are familiar with DSLR cameras, the 40D is a real treat! Fabulous construction quality, with a solid feel and weight. And the camera's still OFF!!! Powered up, it's like a sports car; fully loaded with all the options one could possibly want and more. Here is a good shot of the front of the camera:
and the back:

Several very complete technical reviews have been done on this camera, so I will spare you the details, but is still recommended. Here is an image by Canon, providing an inside view of the camera components:

More to follow later!

No comments:

Post a Comment